BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

I changed the alternator on my 2011 BMW 528i F10 series and…

Customer Question
I changed the alternator on...
I changed the alternator on my 2011 BMW 528i F10 series and battery is not charging
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: BMW
12/8/2017
BMW Mechanic: Don - Mo Lurch, BMW Mechanic replied 4 months ago
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, BMW Mechanic

sorry for the delay........
IF the New Alternator came with New Voltage Regulator, the the

The alternator exchanges data with the engine control (ECM) unit using a serial data interface.

The alternator provides the engine control unit with information.
Use of Dealer Scan Tool is needed to Test & Program

There is also a TECH Bulletin for " check control message is displayed to the customer to have the battery replaced."

SI B12 14 11
Engine Electrical Systems

Which is a DATA error & Scan Tool is needed to eliminate the error

.

If your not familiar with how JustAnswer works,
You ask a question, I try and give you the best answer I can and then you leave a positive rating so I get credit for helping..
I strive for excellent ratings and greatly appreciate all bonuses..
Feel free to reply back as many times as needed until your issue is resolved..
.
apprx 1 hour labor

Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, BMW Mechanic