BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

Engine light came on and fan won’t shut off for 5-10

Customer Question
Engine light came on...

Engine light came on and fan won’t shut off for 5-10 minutes. Code says misfire on cylinder 1. I replaced the plugs . Same problem

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you seen the misfire code before? Has the car been stalling?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '10 BMW?

2012 mini cooper

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your MINI yourself? What have you tried so far?

I changed the plugs

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: BMW
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/8/2017
BMW Mechanic: Mike V., Auto Service Technician replied 9 months ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

Sometimes the problem is the ignition coil and not the spark plugs. I would try putting the #1 ignition coil on a different cylinder, then put that one on #1 and see if the misfire moves with it. If it does, then replace the coil. If not, then you could have an issue with the fuel injector or something going on with the inside of the engine. I am guessing you are going to need a new coil to solve the problem.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, so please rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings.
Thank you so much!

Do you need more help with this or have any questions for me?