BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

I have similar issue but can’t get in to the car (key does…

Customer Question
I have similar issue but...
I have similar issue but can’t get in to the car (key does not work in door), so can’t open hood. I had AAA come out today and they could not get it open with no power (tried pulling door handles and pushing center console). I tried to get in through the hood but was only able the get passenger side unlatched. Any ideas to get power to the locks so I can open with remote?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: BMW
12/7/2017
BMW Mechanic: Steve, BMW Expert replied 7 months ago
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
You can jack up the vehicle and remove the under body shields and get power to the starter cables which will power the entire vehicle. This is the only viable option. Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.
Where is the starter located from underside (ie driver’s side, two feet behind tire) and are the poles marked or color coded? Thanks
what is the last 7 of the vin so I can look up engine variant?