BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

2003 BMW 525I looking for part information for external fuel…

Customer Question
2003 BMW 525I looking for part...
2003 BMW 525I
looking for part information for external fuel pressure check valve... anyone have an idea of where i can get one.
I'm having issue where fuel pressure is dropping overnight and causing hard start on these cold mornings.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: BMW
12/7/2017
BMW Mechanic: Joe, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Joe
Joe, ASE Certified Technician

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to help you with your concern today.

Are you trying to add another on to try and bypass the one built into the pump? If so that is ill advised and the pump should instead be replaced. However, this can also be related to the fuel pressure regulator which need to be tested to diagnose which part of the system is the problem. One thing to check is remove vacuum hose from regulator and if there's fuel in the hose the regulator is bad, next is preforming a fuel leak down test which you preform using a scan tool/manual test gauge and if pressure drops you block return line (only if possible on certain models) if it can be blocked and pressure holds it would test a bad regulator, if pressure still drops it means pump check valve, leak, or injector leaking, etc.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.
Thanks for using justanswer and have a great day!