BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

Have a BMW x3 with 6 cylinder got gas before hurricane now…

Have a BMW x3...

Have a BMW x3 with 6 cylinder got gas before hurricane now runs fine on start, idle and running straight but if I turn hard to left mainly, engine runs rough and check engine light comes on

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

Stays on but after a few min running straight it will go off and the car runs fine but if I floor it, it will run fine for a few seconds then start to miss. 31000 miles total

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your X3?

2010

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your X3 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Don't know where to start. Thought it might be water in gas

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Cant think of anything....

12/5/2017
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
what faults are being set?
have not run analysis. I can go over to autozone and have them run it
could it be water in gas??
Was the vehicle flooded?
no, but I got gas from the last pump still working at station just before hurricane in Florida.
I was wondering because of two sided tank if water was moving from one to the other when I turn or accelerate if that is the problem. Runs fine if I go at constant speed say even at 55 mph.
It’s possible it’s bad gas, but that isn’t terribly common. Could also be an issue with the In tank transfer pump or fuel pick up. I would advise having the codes read as a next step and if you are suspect of the gas, having the tank drained. Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Steve
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert