BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

Actually, the parking brake malfunction is appearing. But…

Customer Question
Second opinion] Actually, the...

Second opinion] Actually, the parking brake malfunction is appearing.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have your brakes ever been replaced? Have you checked the brake fluid?

No, but what does that have to do with the other?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your BMW?

2007 750li

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 750li yourself? What have you tried so far?

Also, my stereo plays well and then stops, you can hear something going on.... Sounds similar to.. and then comes back on.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I haven't tried anything, I �m not mechanical.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: BMW
12/5/2017
BMW Mechanic: Marty, ASE Certified Technician replied 9 months ago
Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician

Hi, my name is***** for the wait on this question. For the parking brake malfunction you will most likely need to have the electronic parking brake actuator replaced or have the gears in the actuator replaced. There are gear kits available for repairing the actuator.

For the stereo problem you more than likely have a fault in the MOST communication ring between the audio components. When one of the components malfunctions it can cause the stereo to stop playing. You will need to have a diagnosis performed on the MOST ring to locate the malfunctioning component.

Let me know if you have any questions.