BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

Don’t start some times like the battery is dead .no noise…

Customer Question
Don’t start some times like...
Don’t start some times like the battery is dead .no noise nathing moves even the starte and after 10 o 20 minutes he start again
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: BMW
when Is driving stop the engine too
12/5/2017
BMW Mechanic: Steve, BMW Expert replied 7 months ago
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Hello and welcome,

My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
does the car have electric power when you try to start it?
the battery is perfect

but you said it doesn't start like the battery is dead?

but the battery is good ..sometimes I’m using the car and I stop at the light the car stop ..everything work the lights radio and then I wait like 20 minutes and start again
BMW Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

There are quite a few things that will cause a no start condition and it's going to require some testing at the time the problem is happening. It looks as though the engine had died at some point also and then wouldn't start, if that's related then there may be an engine controller related issue, depending on the vehicle.

Are you hoping to do the required testing yourself?