BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

Got a 2005 S. Had it in storage for the last three years,

Customer Question
Got a 2005 cooper...

Got a 2005 cooper S. Had it in storage for the last three years, under 20,000 miles on it. Got spark to the plugs, Fuel pressure to the tube that the injectors are but no fuel to the cylinders. If i spray a little fuel in the intake it starts right up but dies quickly because no fuel.

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the vehicle? And when was it last serviced?

Maybe 22,000

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Cooper yourself? What have you tried so far?

I just looked it has 29000 on it... typo

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nope, it ran fine before storing it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: BMW
12/4/2017
BMW Mechanic: Pete, Mechanic replied 7 months ago
Pete, Mechanic

Do you have a way to check the injertors for power and ground? If fuel is getting to the fuel rail the injectors are not opening. They may not be getting pulsed by the ecm. Since the car was in storage for 3 years, the gas is definitely gone bad. You might have to get the gas drained and refilled with fresh fuel. Also the injectors could be gumed up from the old gas. I have even seen them rusted shut from sitting to long with bad fuel in them.

thank you