BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

When I add coolant to my BMW 745i 2002 the coolant pours out…

Customer Question
When I add coolant...

When I add coolant to my BMW 745i 2002 the coolant pours out of two hoses, one on each side back of transmission. Any idea on the problem. Thanks Lorne

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles on the car? How has your mileage been lately?

I just bought vehicle and have replaced the coolant pipe. 225,000 km.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 745i yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am fixing it my self, I have replaced the radiator and the coolant pipe that runs through top of motor.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I want to know where these two hoses connect and why the coolant is coming straight out.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: BMW
11/29/2017
BMW Mechanic: Todd M, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Are these hoses about an inch in diameter?

the coolant only comes out when vehicle is running. Thanks, Lorne

I understand, these are the heater hoses. These hose run to the front and auxiliary heater. Did they burst or are the connections just worn? Can you tell?

These hoses hang down on each side of the transmission, there is no evidence that they were connected. But maybe that is a possibility?

Was there work done to the vehicle? What were the events that led up to this issue?

If you can, look to see if there are connection/pipes coming out of the firewall(toward the middle or right side) that are bare?

There are three hoses coming out of fire wall and all are connected to hoses (2inch).

I will opt out to allow another expert to assist you.

Ok, thanks for your help.
BMW Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Do you still need help?