BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

Changed battery and car too speed is 20 moh. 2008 328i.

Customer Question
Changed battery and car...

Changed battery and car too speed is 20 moh

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you changed a battery before?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your BMW?

2008 328i

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 328i yourself? What have you tried so far?

Battery was dead changed battery car starts but well on go 29 mph

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: BMW
11/28/2017
BMW Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 7 months ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

Okay, I need you to first comp0lete this procedure I attached for and let me know if it fixes it or not.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly
appreciate a 5 star rating now before you leave the site and I
will still assist you after you have rated me too if another
question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

Did you have any more questions for me at this time?

Thanks again, Ron

Completed the procedure. Reattached battery cables. Doors lock, Windows go up and down, engine will not start.

Okay, then we need to know if it's due to a security issue then.

I attached 1 more doc for you to review and try.

If this doesn't work,then we need a scan tool attached to the computer system.

Thanks again, and please remember to rate me 5 stars for my time now and keep our link in case you still need help later on with this.

After locking the car and leaving it, the car started. However, the original problem with low rpm was not resolved. I understand the $5 cost is not refundable, but since the issue was not resolved, do I get the refund of the $30?
We're still working on this.
What about the scan tool data. We're not done yet, this can take a little time.

Thanks again and please remember to rate me 5 stars now
and keep this link in case you need me again later on.
I don’t get credit for assisting you until you rate me
My goal is to assist you in the repair of your vehicle by
supplying you with well educated information. I may not
always have the exact fix you wanted to hear, but my job is
to get you on the right track, which I always do. I can’t hear,
see, smell or touch your vehicle from where I’m at, so your
understanding of that is greatly appreciated. There are no
magical answers, but I do my best to guide you in the right
direction.