BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

I have a BMW e90 320I 2006 model. The radio recently has…

Customer Question
I have a BMW...

I have a BMW e90 320I 2006 model. The radio recently has start cutting out the sound for a few seconds and then the sound comes back and plays for a while then goes out again and just repeats this. It does not matter if it is on the aux, cd, or radio it all does the same and we can no longer sink our Iphones to the Bluetooth. The front bumper was replaced just prior to this starting, not to sure if the battery was disconnected.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuse?

No, all of the lights on the sound system led display remain on at all times its just the sound that go's out

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 320i yourself? What have you tried so far?

Have not touched it, only called the local BMW dealer and they only want us to take it to them, I just thought it maybe a simple fix, but yes I can do things myself as did mechanics for 13 years but only on heavy machinery.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: BMW
11/24/2017
BMW Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 7 months ago
Cesar Jimenez

hi im cesar jimenez and i will be assisting you today.. im reviewing your question now....

BMW Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 7 months ago

have you tried unpair your cell devices and trying to pair again with radio?? also do you have aftermarket speakers??

i have tried but I cant even get into the phone section, when you try the phone section it flashes up for about 2 seconds and reads quickly turn on Bluetooth to make a call, I have tried this but the Bluetooth button as displayed in the manual had diapered from the display. The sound system is still all original including speakers . I thought it may have something to do with the Bluetooth but I cant even get into the phone section to see if any phones are still in there or not.
I live in NSW Australia
BMW Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 7 months ago

wow cool. drag racing fan by any chance?

what type of radio do you have?? does it have Navigation??

it just says BMW Professional, No it does not have navigation.
BMW Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 7 months ago

okay im reviewing now...

BMW Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 7 months ago
Is your radio in this photo because I’m going off a Canadian model 06 323i e90.