BMW

BMW Questions? Ask a BMW Repair Expert for Answers.

BMW

My 2002 325xi (216K miles) stalls when I come to a stop. Not

all the time but irritating...
My 2002 325xi (216K miles) stalls when I come to a stop. Not all the time but irritating when it does. What do you recommend checking?
JA: Is the check engine light on? Does the car stall at idle or when driving?
Customer: Check engine light is on for the last three years. Stalls when coming to a stop.
JA: Are you fixing your 325xi yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Sometimes. Have checked sensor connections (of those that I could find)
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: This occurs when the engine is hot or cold.
11/23/2017
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Does it just not idle? Why has the engine light on?
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Customer reply replied 18 days ago
Engine stalls.
The BMW dealer just wants too much to investigate - open ended charging on their part. Occasionally it goes off by itself.
Phone call session started
Steve
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert