BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

I need some underhood dimensions for my 2015 4 door S. The…

Customer Question
I need some underhood...

I need some underhood dimensions for my 2015 4 door cooper S. The front rails have some sway in them and I need dimensions to square up the front end again. I was wondering if you have access to that info?

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: BMW
VIN# *****
How long does it take to get a response?
Answered in 2 days by:
11/21/2017
BMW Mechanic: Matt, Engineer replied 10 months ago
Matt, Engineer

Hello

Sorry for the extended wait time you've experienced, many experts on here are not always on line and if your question looks unusual then people may leave it for someone else with greater expierence and it then tends to slip down the list
I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

the information you need is available but sadly only from a dealership

MINI / BMW guard the workshop manuals closely and I have tried myself to get information out of them with no success as its all done on-line

so you need a dealer sign on to access the database and release the information

if you're friendly with your local dealer then they 'may' print off the reference point data

as you're correct in saying there's a set of figures with drop heights from the chassis rails to a flat surface to check chassis alignment

sorry that this isn't a more DIY answer but its a the nature of the problem