BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

The climate control center in my 2005 BMW X5 is stuck at 90F…

Customer Question
The climate control center...

The climate control center in my 2005 BMW X5 is stuck at 90F and will not move. I can't even shut it off. I changed the button face with an aftermarket a while ago because some buttons were damaged when I bought it. It worked properly for roughly two years.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your X5 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I bought a replacement out of a junk yard and it worked, but had missing buttons. I put the after-market button kit on that unit, and now both sides are at 90F and not moving.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I can sometimes select defrost, face, floor or auto. MAX ac does not work and the button has no "action"

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the Freon level?

Yes, and I recently had a new thermostat installed.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: BMW
11/16/2017
BMW Mechanic: Steve, BMW Expert replied 8 months ago
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
What is the last 7 of the vin?