BMW

BMW Questions? Ask a BMW Repair Expert for Answers.

BMW

Dead battery 2012 650i conv. Tried jumping with jump post

hello. dead battery 2012 650i...
hello. dead battery 2012 650i conv. Tried jumping with jump post under hood. no luck
JA: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?
Customer: cant get to the battery. its in the trunk
JA: Are you fixing your 650i yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: battery is dead so I used the manual key to get inside the car. no power so no access to the trunk
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
11/16/2017
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
did you get any power to the vehicle when jumping?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no not at all. still no power to the car at all

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you

if the car does not power up in any way from under the hood, unless you somehow have a bad connection to the jump posts (extremely unlikely) then your problem is almost certainly larger than just a dead battery.

in order to get into the trunk you would have to dismantle the interior of the car and find the wires for the trunk lock
if you need a good non dealer option to cut down on costs, check out www.bimmershops.com or www.bimrs.org for options.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Phone call session started

the phone system will not connect at the moment for me. I can try again later or leave it at the above text answer. please let me know

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
please call when you can.
Steve
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert