BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

Need help on 2015 bmw 528i xdrive Chases malfunction, vtg…

Customer Question
Need help on 2015 bmw...
Need help on 2015 bmw 528i xdrive
Chases malfunction, vtg errors (transfer case). Was towed (perhaps improperly?) I’m just guessing - I’ve tried recalibration for vtg. Shop is saying front and rear differentials are not in sync. Any ideas? Car drives fine except for being stuck in comfort mode. I have rheingold, I’m going to take laptop over to repair shop later today- if I can get help to know what to do I’d appreciate it.
Amanda
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: BMW
8220;Chassis malfunction”
11/15/2017
BMW Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 7 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Have you had the fault codes checked in all computers with a compatible scan tool or computer plugged in that can read all computers in your vehicle?

Let me know,thanks Pete

my rheingold seems to be up to date... I scanned it before it went to the foreign car service garage and it was all VTG codes when I tried to calibrate it would just say it failed but was communicating.
The shop just called (they have a scanner but not rheingold ISTA). And said it’s saying the front and read diff are not in sync
I could call you once I’m over there after 3pm eastern time and hooked up? I’ll pay the fee or whatever, just call won’t be as useful until I’m in the car . Thanks!

No problem on the call.We can continue here.

Do you happen to have any of the fault code numbers at all?

Did you happen to clear any of these codes out to see which ones came back again on the next start up or vehicle operation?

I have cleared them several times. Most all important ones go away (I’m not worried about the heated mirror one haha!). Then when I drive it couple miles all the vtg and dsc “chassis malf” error come back on
they will clear I just can’t figure why it triggering them again and again
Car is aligned, not noises at all. Drives fine but xdrive isn’t engaged

Unfortunately looking up some of these codes my info is not covering all of them.I will have to see if anyone else here can help with this.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

BMW Mechanic: Jason, BMW Technician replied 7 months ago
Jason
Jason, BMW Technician
Hello, my name is*****’m here to try and help you with your BMW.
Ok
Is the BMW still under new car warranty?
No, I bought it at auction
Have you tried to disconnect the transfer case wiring harness and drive the car?
No, should I try that?
Give it a try, the car won’t like and give you errors codes but see if you get any new or different codes
Once you have done let me know what codes you get with ista
OK