BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

Multiple codes. I put in some sea foam and it came back.

Customer Question
Multiple codes Mechanic's Assistant:...

Multiple codes

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

Yes. I put in some sea foam and it came back

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your BMW?

2002 325I

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 325i yourself? What have you tried so far?

P068, P227, P233, P246, P228

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: BMW
11/15/2017
BMW Mechanic: Steve, BMW Expert replied 5 months ago
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Hi, Code’s should have four numbers after the p? Please confirm
I am doing it myself but have a friend that could assist that is a diesel mechanic
Code P068, P227, P233, P246, P228, P189, P168 & P238

those are not valid codes... they are missing a digit.

These are codes on snap-on scanner

p codes have four numbers....

these are simply not valid codes. if you punch one into google with bmw, you will see they are not actual codes.

I assume then a 0 in front of them

still, several are undefined and/or not applicable to your vehicle (ie for diesel engines only). please have the car scanned with a regular obd scanner and post the codes here.

It is showing secondary messages 02 Bank 1 Control Deviation, 02 Bank 2 Control Deviation, Secondary Air System 2
Misfire Cylinder 1, 02 Sensor 2 before CAT Heating

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you

in that case I would change al o2 sensors, check for intake air leaks or a failed crankcase vent valve, or failed airflow sensor.

finally, the secondary air pump and valves will need to be checked for proper operation.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

Steve
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert