BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

I have a 2009 mini clubman S with the error code 93d2

Customer Question
Hi, i have a...

Hi, i have a 2009 mini cooper clubman S with the error code 93d2 telltale lamp for front passenger airbag deactivation. Ive purchased and replaced the centre console Airbag computer as well as the function roof centre module controller. Both have not fixed the Airbag light staying on and the telltale light not turning on. Im running out of Ideas.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is anything interfering with the seatbelt latch?

Nothing other then that code shows up on my scanner.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Clubman yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes the car is being fixed by myself, Ive tried replacing the centre console computer aswell as the roof module and the seatbelt buckles with tensioners

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Thats everything

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: BMW
11/13/2017
BMW Mechanic: Steve, BMW Expert replied 8 months ago
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert

Hello and welcome,

My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.

who installed the replacement parts?

I did, Ive had previous experience with minor installs

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you

all of this requires programming and a reset of the system using a bmw scan tool after replacement, so this is likely your issue.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

Am I not able to reset it using a bmw otg scanner?

I don't know what an otg scanner is...

Airbag diagnostics scan tool it’s called the creator c310

Please do not forget to click a positive rating

no, that tool does not have the capability to reprogram and recalibrate the system. A very high end bmw tool is needed. Please do not forget to click a positive rating