BMW

Connect one-on-one with a verified bmw mechanic who will answer your question

peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

More related answers
All bmw mechanics are VERIFIED
Cooper S: I have a Mini Cooper S 2006 and recently check the
Steve
Steve, Master's Degree
I have a Mini Cooper S 2006 and recently check the coolant reservoir because it started to boil, however, it seems that fan is not starting on stage 1, but temperature does not rise on the thermometer… read more
Mini: I recently purchased a used 2010 Mini Cooper S with about
JOHN aka Eauto
JOHN aka Eauto, self employed
I recently purchased a used 2010 Mini Cooper S with about 60K miles. In less than a month, the clutch went out. I had the local BMW/Mini dealership replace the clutch for a cost of $4,000. Less than 2… read more
S: I have a 2006 Mini Cooper S that is overheating. I recently
Steve
Steve, Master's Degree
I have a 2006 Mini Cooper S that is overheating. I recently replaced a failed crank shaft pulley and replaced the serpentine belt. After about 2 weeks of the car working great, my gauges went crazy, a… read more
Do you guys answer question about mini coopers? 2008. It
Steve
Steve, Master's Degree
Hi do you guys answer question about mini coopers ? … read more
BMW Mini Cooper: i have a 2006 mini cooper (not s) that is
Steve
Steve, Master's Degree
i have a 2006 mini cooper (not s) that is going thru a lot of oil. A lot = 3 qtz every 5k mi. Oil is coming out of the tailpipe along with a white smoke. No oil burning smells or any other engine smel… read more
Mini: 2006 Mini Cooper S - OAT - 48* - Turned on heat about
Steve
Steve, Master's Degree
2006 Mini Cooper S - OAT - 48* - Turned on heat about 1/2 mile after starting. Temp gauge was mid scale, and no hot air. After 1&1/2 miles still no cold air, and temp gauge was maxed out. Pulled over,… read more
Mini Cooper S: My 2006 S Cooper is very hard to start. The
Matt, Engineer
My 2006 S Cooper is very hard to start. The engine spins like it has no compression, after continued spinning it begins to lope and after a few trys will finally catch up and start. But initally it wi… read more
cooper S convertible: I have a Mini Cooper S 2006 Convertible
Steve
Steve, Master's Degree
I have a Mini Cooper S 2006 Convertible JCW with 93K miles and about 2 months ago was having issues shifting into gears, with first gear being the most problematic. I got it into my mechanic who did a… read more
Mini Cooper S: I had my 2005 Mini Cooper S shipped cross country.
Steve
Steve, Master's Degree
I had my 2005 Mini Cooper S shipped cross country. Though I don't know if it was working when it was delivered, the speedometer, tachometer and on-board computer above the dash are not working. Everyt… read more
Mini Cooper S: My 2006 Mini Cooper S... while driving the "serice
Steve
Steve, Master's Degree
My 2006 Mini Cooper S... while driving the "serice engine soon light and EMI light came on and vehicle went in to low power mode . This is the second time this has happened . The first time I had the … read more
MINI Cooper S Convertible: I recently took my 2005 MINI Cooper
Steve
Steve, Master's Degree
I recently took my 2005 MINI Cooper S into a shop because I was told it needed an alternator. While driving, the battery light and service engine soon light came on and the car didn't stall, but lost … read more
Mini Cooper S: If it were you, would you have the oil changed
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Owner
If it were you, would you have the oil changed more frequently than every 15,000 miles? Will changing the oil early increase the life of the engine. Is it worth scheduling to have the fuel injectors c… read more
Mini Cooper S: I have a 2008 Mini Cooper S. Came up with code
Anthony
Anthony, Master Automobile Technician
I have a 2008 Mini Cooper S. Came up with code P2418. Evap. code. I replaced the leak diagnostic pump and fuel cap. Where should I aim next?… read more
Can you answer a question concerning my mini cooper? 2004 S
Kevin
Kevin, workshop foreman /master tech/mot tester
Can you answer a question concerning my mini cooper? … read more
Cooper S: I was driving my 2005 Mini Cooper S on the highway
Steve
Steve, Master's Degree
I was driving my 2005 Mini Cooper S on the highway and I noticed my overheating light was on and as I was getting off the freeway to check out the problem the car ceased and would not start. I had it … read more
cooper s: i just lowered my mini cooper s 2006. it started
Brian
Brian, Associate Degree
i just lowered my mini cooper s 2006. it started to vibrate a little when accelerate, i was told by my mechanic, most likely the front axels , so i replace them. i still feel the vibration when accela… read more
Mini Cooper R53: I have a 2006 R53 Mk I Mini Cooper S and want
Steve
Steve, Master's Degree
I have a 2006 R53 Mk I Mini Cooper S and want to replace or exchange my speedometer module with indicator (odometer, trip odometer, service interval, steptronic program indicator & clock) warning lamp… read more
Mini Cooper S: I purchased a 2004 mini cooper S for my son.
Anthony
Anthony, Master Automobile Technician
I purchased a 2004 mini cooper S for my son. After a clutch replacement, I drove approximately 25 miles and the car's EML light came on and it began to hitch and would not accerlate. Stopped immediatl… read more