BMW

BMW Questions? Ask a BMW Repair Expert for Answers.

BMW

The car is thumping when driving. The tires are fine. My…

The car is thumping...

The car is thumping when driving. The tires are fine

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

My wife is driving from Syacuse to our home in Buffalo. It started when she began driving. It was finr going to Syrcause.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your BMW?

2015 435 iX

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Measure tire pressure. OK. Checked vehichile status OK. Looked under the car. OK

10/21/2017
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Ok, this could be from either a tire that threw its wheel weight and out of balance, tire that has a separated belt in it, or a hub wheel bearing.

Because there is potential of a blowout if the issue is a separated belt, she needs to get it into a repair shop as soon as she can so that it can be inspected.

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

Unless you have a further question on this specific issue, at this time please click the OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE 3 STARS OR HIGHER to pay for services rendered per your customer agreement as this is a PAYSITE and experts are not paid for their time, services, or knowledge until you do so. Thank you.

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

Unless you have a further question on this, at this time please click the OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE 3 STARS OR HIGHER to pay for services rendered per your customer agreement as this is a PAYSITE and experts are not paid for their time, services, or knowledge until you do so. Thank you.

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager