BMW

BMW Questions? Ask a BMW Repair Expert for Answers.

BMW

2006 X5 has locked and cannot open with wedge and unlock…

2006 X5 has locked...

2006 X5 has locked and cannot open with wedge and unlock tool. any other ideas to try?

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Has this ever happened before?

150,000 no, but the electronic unlock with the key has not worked for a long time.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your X5 yourself? What have you tried so far?

It's at a repair shop. Have tried wedge and unlocking rod. Able to open hood, and pull on inside door handles, and push unlock button, nothing works.

10/20/2017
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

hey how are you

I will try to help you on this issue

is your battery dead , if you can open hood there is a Positive terminal for battery on strut tower , looks like a bolt, get a jump box and hook up to positive on red cable and ground black cable of the box on any ground on engine block and see if this power it up enough to open the locks

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

No, the battery is fine. When we opened the hood the alarm went off and the car has gone into a lock protection mode of some sort. Pulling on the door handles or pushing the unlock button has no effect. (We had to do this using a wedge and unlock tool)

you have key fob on it ,does it have the small metal key that u can use for emergency ?

No, the problem is the dog ears on the door lock have broken so the key just turns. The keys no longer have battery power.

even at trunk ? did you look at rear license plate under is a lock cylinder not all do depending on option

No, unfortunately this model only has the driver side key lock.

ok wow, not sure on this

and key fob want open rest of the door lock also

We may have to tow it to a dealer
I m sorry man .i m hoping dealer can hook up underhood Dlc 22 pin connector and try Coman locks that way only think I can think about
Sorry could not be much help on this one
Good luck with it
Chad
Thank you
Welcome :)
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat