BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

I have a 2004 bmw 325ci with 2 codes and is running rough.

Customer Question
I have a 2004...

I have a 2004 bmw 325ci with 2 codes and is running rough

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you metered out the ignition system?

No but the codes I have are timing Related

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '04 BMW?

E46 325ci

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 325ci yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes.this is kinda a self Inflicted I changed the vanos system I bought I rebuilt kit everything already Assembled I installed it on the car it ran fine for about 20 min then the check engine light went on pulled codes have a P00011 AND P00014 and runs poor now

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's it

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: BMW
10/20/2017
BMW Mechanic: Mike, Auto Mechanic replied 9 months ago
Mike, Auto Mechanic

Hello, my name is***** will be helping you out! I have over thirteen year of experience in the automotive industry for numerous different makes & models. I enjoy doing what I do, it is my life.

My apoligies for such a long delay in your question.

you stated you did the vanos timing kit yourself? How experienced are you into it?

Timing is obviously wrong.

We may need to start with the camshaft timing and attempt a readjustment there