BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

My son and I change the spark plugs in a BMW 2000 328ci. It…

My son and I change...
My son and I change the spark plugs in a BMW 2000 328ci. It has 133,000.00 miles. It seems to run and idle worse. We did put dielectric grease in the boot on coil before we put back in. Since we cleaned it all off and still runs and idles worse. Thank you for your time.
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/13/2017
Kevin
Kevin, BMW Mechanic

Hi im kevin have you taken plugs back out and just rechecked the gaps are ok ?

We are new at this and bought the NFL plugs from ecs running and don't know how to check gaps. Thought they came pre gapped

They do come pre gapped but this doesnt mean they havent been dropped in transit and closed up .you just need to check and ensure that there is a gap

If gaps are ok is there anything else we should check

Ensure that coils are correctly located on plugs and that there is also no cracks in ceramic

Kevin
Kevin, BMW Mechanic
eric remington
eric remington, FORMER SHOP OWNER/TECHNICIAN/INSPECTOR
Phone call session started