BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

Engine oil doesnot come the the camshaft and case resulting…

Engine oil doesnot come...

Engine oil doesnot come the the camshaft and case resulting to seizure of the camshaft. After replacing the case and camshaft, we started it and the engine seized and would not start again. Do I need to change the engine completely?

Mechanic's Assistant: When was your last oil change?

The last oil change was just last two weeks

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your BMW?

Model X5; Year 2006

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your X5 yourself? What have you tried so far?

It is been worked by a private mechanic and his advise is that we need to change the engine

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No please.

Answered in 1 minute by:
10/10/2017
Gunvir Singh

Hello, let me review your request. Please stand by.

What size engine does it have and roughly how many miles?

Gunvir Singh
Phone call session started

I called but there is no answer.

the Phone Number is ***** so call this number

I donot have the option to dial a custom number. All i have is a call button that connects me to the number you provided in your profile.

please the size of the engine is cu.in/cm3 181.8/2,979 and had covered over 200000km
Answer by writing since the phone lines are not working

Sorry about the wait. Did you check the old engine oil and if there is any metal present in it?

If metal paricles present that will indicate bearing damage and the only options are complete rebuild or replaceit with a used engine. Replacing it witha used engine will be cost effective.

Please can you direct me to a dealer in used engines of BMW-X5 model?

You can also check the availability at www.car-part.com. It will show you the location of salvage yards close to you that have the part available.