BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

How does this work? 2000 Z3 Roadster Conv 2.5L. Swapped

Customer Question
How does this work? ...

How does this work?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your BMW?

2000 Z3 Roadster Conv 2.5L

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Z3 Roadster yourself? What have you tried so far?

Swapped engine etc with one from junkyard

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

305000 new engine 58000

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Getting P1145, P1470 code

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: BMW
10/6/2017
BMW Mechanic: Steve, BMW Expert replied 10 months ago
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Hello and welcome,

My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today
.
how can I help you with this? what was your specific question about these codes?
I need to diag as quick as possible and though someone with more experience with this model may be of help
Junkyard low mileage engine a couple of months older and had a few differences like throttle body etc, so all obvious parts were used from good running original engine except core items like crank sensors, vanos, crank sensor etc. Original intake and all related parts used. At first start up, engine went to about 2200 and slowly decreased to 1300. Checked for missing plugs and found I hadn’t connected water temp and 3/2 valve by filter.
Next start I get P1145 and P1470 with slightly rough idle and when throttle is applied it revs up and quickly drops of without backfire like the computer is sensing something wrong and just idling the engine back down even though the throttle is applied. TPS on readout looks smooth