BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

Lean code and powertrain malfunction. 118001. 2013 328i

Customer Question
Lean code and powertrain...

Lean code and powertrain malfunction

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

118001

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your BMW?

2013 328i Xdrive 2.0 I have not pulled the code on the drivetrain yet.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Its my car and I am a mechanic at a shop. O2 snsor, valve cover, smoked it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Think that is it

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: BMW
10/6/2017
BMW Mechanic: Steve, BMW Expert replied 8 months ago
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Hi how can I help you with this? Why was your specific question?
I have had a lean code on this car for some time and cannot figure it out.
its a 118001 and just recently it has been coming up with a power train malfunction. I have not pulled the code on that yet but was going to head down to the shop shortly
I understand, did you want to know possible causes?
I just made it to the shop. Here are the codes:
Engine:
CDA904 No message (status Trailer 0x2E4) Reciever Engine ECU Transmitter Trailer Monual (AMH)
118001 Mixture Control Mixture too lean
123432 Electric Wastegate, Adaptation: Limit Position Closed Implausible
123401 Electric Wastegate, Cold Start not Learned
120408 Boost Pressure Control, Cut off Pressure rise Blocked
ICM:
480134
D01646
D018E1
D01557
D01558
D0156D
D01570
D0157A
D01B3F
D01A08AllData doen't give me much and same for identafix. I think I may be looking at an ECU but don't work on BMW's much