BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

I have a 2009 BMW 328I. Car runs great. Went somewhere

Customer Question
tonight, parked car and took...
I have a 2009 BMW 328I. Car runs great. Went somewhere tonight, parked car and took key out of ignition. I had to struggle to get it out, but it came out. When I got back, put key in, all lights and bells came on, but car wouldn't start. Kept trying but nothing. It kept showing me a "no key" signal, even though the key was in. Any suggestions?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: BMW
10/6/2017
BMW Mechanic: Clifton B., ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Certified Technician

hi the first thing you should do is replace the battery inside the key fob then try to start the car again sound like you just have a dead battery .

The key fob opens and locks the doors. So I don't think it's the battery. It seems like the car is not recognizing that the key is in the ignition

I I will see if a can get a bmw tech for you please hold

Thank you
Clifton B.
Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Certified Technician