BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

My BMW 2001 74il radio & screen stopped working. I there a…

Customer Question
My BMW 2001 74il...

My BMW 2001 74il radio & screen stopped working. I there a Modem in the trunk that operates these parts

Mechanic's Assistant: What exactly is happening to the trunk?

All my radio,navigation,and tape don't work because my screen up front is blanl

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 740il yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I don't have a clue on fixing it myself

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes the radio will play for three minutes,then stop

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: BMW
10/5/2017
BMW Mechanic: Mike, Auto Mechanic replied 10 months ago
Mike, Auto Mechanic

Hello, my name is***** will be helping you out! I have over thirteen year of experience in the automotive world for numerous different makes & models. I enjoy doing what I do, it is my life.

You are correct, there is a module in the trunk that operates that system you are talking about.

It will be called the navigation module, I have attached the photo location of the module, it appears that will be the problem. It will take a qualified technician to make sure that is indeed the problem.

Let me know if you need anymore assistance regarding your issue, Thank you. Sincerely, Michael.

Are you still with me? Please do not forget to rate or come back for more follow up questions regarding your issue, for I will not receive any credit for the question if you do not rate or respond with satisfaction.

it has been quite some time, is there anything else I can do for you?