BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

Mornin im in the middle of a 4.4ltr v8 x5 bmw 2002 timing…

Customer Question
Mornin Roger im in...

Mornin Roger im in the middle of a 4.4ltr v8 x5 bmw 2002 timing chain guides smashed into bout 20 odd pieces but i got it nice n early ive never done a bma before it looks like the alternator is part of the timing cover i pretty sure i got all bolts but only got little movement dont want to break any tips to gettin cover off do i have to take sump off or not

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? When was your last oil change?

Trying to get t'cover off bit hangin on still do i av to yake sump off

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your X5 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes i dont mind a

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes im fixin myself it huge compared to any other cars but its still a car bit of advice ill get it

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: BMW
I av never seen an alternator that is joined to timing cover is that coz its oil cooled
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
10/4/2017
BMW Mechanic: Steve, BMW Expert replied 10 months ago
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Hello, what is the last 7 of the vin?
Ln85942
Thank you.
I have the factory BMW instructions including all preliminary tasks as multi page PDFs with images. They show exactly how to complete this task and are the most detailed instructions available anywhere.
I cannot post this information publically for obvious reasons, but I can email it to you. The site imposes a mandatory additional charge for email delivery, but I will set it to the lowest allowable to simply enable to you share your contact info with me. Please accept my offer and then enter your email address where it says to enter private contact info.