BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

The brake lite on my 2004 mini is out, we can't seem to get…

Customer Question
The brake lite on...

The brake lite on my 2004 mini is out, we can't seem to get it out of the socket. is there a trick to getting the lightobulb out?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?

What would brake fluid have to do with a burned out bulb?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your MINI yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, just trying to get the bulb out without breaking anything.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, thank you.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: BMW
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/2/2017
BMW Mechanic: Edward, Service Technician replied 10 months ago
Edward
Edward, Service Technician

Hello and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do all I can to help.

Do you have the replacement bulb yet? I'm showing it to be an 1156 bulb it's not the 3rd brake light correct? but one of the left or right side?

I have a 2004 mini and trying to get the burned out brake light bulb out and I have the access door open but I cannot get the light bulb out of the socket. Julie
It is on the right side

Alright, are you looking at the bulb yet? so the bulb is stuck in the tail lamp assembly? the bulb holder has to come out of the tail lamp assembly first before accessing the bulbs, Do you have the bulbs exposed yet?

please call(###) ###-#### Ron

I accepted the call but I for some reason the payment has failed Ron, Take the 1 10mm nut off that holds the entire brake lamp assembly in the vehicle, and pull the entire assembly out, 1 10mm nut and two clips, once you get it out you can access the bulbs easily, Refer to this video and let us know if you have any further questions. Video is for an 06 but 04 is the same process. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDgVtuFDdAg

Hello, I thought I would follow up with you, were you able to get the bulb out? thank you.