BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

I have an 2005 BMW 325i WITH THE M56 SULEV engine that I…

Customer Question
I have an 2005...

I have an 2005 BMW 325i WITH THE M56 SULEV engine that I cannot fill up with gas with out the pump at the gas station shutting off every 5-10 seconds.

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

I think gas mileage is not up to par, but I did notice that whenever I fill the tank up to full, it stalls at the light except when it reaches the 1/2 tank mark. I changed the coils and plugs, but it still runs a little rough when cold.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your BMW 325I yourself? What have you tried so far?

Other than coils and plugs and the occasional Wynns Power Charge pour in additive in the fuel tank, I have not done anything else.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

On this SULEV engine, I do not know whether to change the Evap purge solinoid or rhe purge cannister I cannot find.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: BMW
10/1/2017
BMW Mechanic: Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician replied 7 months ago
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician
Good evening, my name is ***** ***** I would be happy to assist you.On the SULEV engine they have a separate vapor canister next to the fuel tank that is used to store excessive emission vapors. When this canister fills up it will cause all the issues that you are experiencing.The canister can be purchased at a local parts store or BMW dealership, or if you would like I can send you the link to purchase one online.Does that help answer your question?
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician