BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

I replaced my valve body in a bmw 325i and replaced my

Customer Question
Second opinion] I replaced...

Second opinion] I replaced my valve body in a bmw 325i and replaced my transmission fluid once I was finished. The car isn't starting now. Any suggestions? I don't have a diagnostic tool

Mechanic's Assistant: When was the last time your transmission fluid was checked? Changed?

I changed it during the process. So it was today.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your BMW 325I?

2006

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your BMW 325I yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, I'm fixing it myself. I haven't tried anything yet. I'm not sure where to start

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thank you. that should be all

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: BMW
10/1/2017
BMW Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 10 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are quite a few things that can cause a no start condition but if this is a result of replacing the valve body and you don't have a scan tool I'm quite certain it isn't starting due to a lack of programming. Without a scan tool you can't set the fluid level correctly either.

Where did the valve body come from?

Why was it replaced?