BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

I replaced my valve body in a bmw 325i and replaced my

I replaced my valve...

I replaced my valve body in a bmw 325i and replaced my transmission fluid once I was finished. The car isn't starting now. Any suggestions? I don't have a diagnostic tool

Mechanic's Assistant: When was the last time your transmission fluid was checked? Changed?

I changed it during the process. So it was today.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your BMW 325I?

2006

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your BMW 325I yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, I'm fixing it myself. I haven't tried anything yet. I'm not sure where to start

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thank you. that should be all

9/30/2017
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
What exactly does the car do when you try to start it?
all of the functions light up, but it doesn't turn over. the air comes on as well.
This suggests that the transmission is not sending the proper signal that it is in park or neutral which is required to enable start. You can check connections etc, but the best past forward will be a fault scan and programming with a BMW scan tool. Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.
on a forum, someone suggested changing a fuse that affects the park sensing function. do you think that would be affected?
A parking sensor fuse would not impact this, particularly if it isn't blown. Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert