BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

It is cranking but no gas and sparks. What do you. It

Customer Question
It is cranking but...

It is cranking but no gas and sparks. What do you

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

It doesn't start at all.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your BMW?

2000 BMW 740il

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 740il yourself? What have you tried so far?

I fixed many cars already, but this is my first experience with BMW. I checked all the relers and fuses. I by pass the fuels pump and it good. I pull a spark plug out to check the sparks, no fuel. Please help me.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I tried to reset the computer, still no gas from the pump and no sparks

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: BMW
9/30/2017
BMW Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 10 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

have you checked or replaced ckp sensor ,crankshaft position sensor ,if this one is not sending signal to dme that car in time ,the dme will not fire the coils or pulse the injectors ?

do this for me lets double check no spark and fuel,if you get a starting fluid can and spray inside the TB body does it start and die,if it does ,means injector not pulsing and the coils are ,if it does not start ,replace sensor ,that is most common ,now off course be best to have tools and test for power and ckp signal etc

did you scan it and retrieved any fault codes

CLICK ON LINK TO VIEW CKP LOCATION AND STEPS TO REMOVE & REPLACE

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciatted

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat