BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

I asked my dealer to put 4 new tires on my vehicle....the…

Customer Question
I asked my dealer...

I asked my dealer to put 4 new tires on my vehicle....the same ones that were on the car which were 225/45R17 94W XL Eagle Sport All Season. What I ended up with is Run flats that appear to be summer tires. The dealer is telling me these are all season, but I swear these are summer tires. Here's the information on my receipt: Eagl: 369041

Mechanic's Assistant: When it comes to this particular vehicle, have flat tires been a problem in the past?

36-11-0-440-527 225/45 R17 91V Goodyear Can you tell me if in fact these are All season tires or are they summer tires? Thanks.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Eagle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have had problems with Run Flats in the past. I go into areas where there are no BMW dealers and in fact Run flats aren't available. That's why I got non-run flats and put a donut in the trunk. I'm not so concerned about the run flats; what I am concerned about is that the tires they put on are summer tires. I live in PA where the winters can get bad and I drive through the mountains on a monthly basis.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, I think thats it. Thanks.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: BMW
9/27/2017
BMW Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 10 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech here to help. I read your notes and have a question before we proceed.does your vehicle have a spare tire or space saver?

BMW Genuine OEM Tire 225/50r17 Continental 36-11-0-304-945

I have a space saver tire.

then request a phone service as I will give you and inform you all about tires and will save you money as well. you won't be disappointed.

Forget it. I'm not going to spend another $26; you didn't answer my original question as to whether the tires they put on are summer tires.

no need to be abrupt , I was just going to try and tell you all about these tires and more . But if you prefer me to text you that is no problem I can answer your questions texting.