BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

It seems like the fan kept on running after I turn the car…

Customer Question
It seems like the...

It seems like the fan kept on running after I turn the car off. I turned it back on and then off again. It still kept running. Will it eventually go off by itself.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2002 BMW 325xi

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

A family member is fixing it ... he is usually very good with repairs.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The care was also smoking when I stopped at my parking spot.

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Have you been losing oil or coolant?

188,000

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: BMW
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/26/2017
BMW Mechanic: Steve, BMW Expert replied 8 months ago
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
which fan are you referring to?
where was the smoke coming from? what color was it?
The radiator fan.
Smoke was coming from the bottom of the car.
I think it was grayish
can you clarify if the fan keeps running indefinitely or if you are asking if it should turn off?
is the engine overheating?
Roger, BMW Master Tech