BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

Additive to reduce noise from crankcase and metals

Customer Question
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: BMW
9/26/2017
BMW Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 11 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

For clarification, do you mean for noises such as noisy lifters or valves

HI,

If so, then the best is Liqui Moly MOS2 Anti-Friction Engine Treatment

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

What’s the difference between liquid Moly and Lucas, because I add Lucas and thicker oil and nothing better happens
BMW Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 10 months ago

HI,

Lucas is a close 2nd to liquid moly. There are some competitive differences in formulation. If the Lucas did not help at all, the Liquid Moly wont make a difference, which means that whatever is the cause of the noise - lifter, valve, cam, crank or rod bearing - will need to be repaired

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.If not, at this time please RATE the answer.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.