BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

I have a 2007 bmw 750li, my right headlight does not work, i…

Hi , i have...

Hi , i have a 2007 bmw 750li , my right headlight does not work , i changed the bulb and still not working .

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?

Fuses are good and bulb is brand new

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 750li yourself? What have you tried so far?

Do you know anything about bmws

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Does he or she know about bmws or just american / japanese

9/24/2017
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Are these factory lights or after market?

Let me know,thanks Pete

Factory

Unfortunately I am unable to place a call on this here myself but others see you have requested a call and may still call on this here.I can however continue here.

Is this low and high beam that is not working or just low beam?

Low and high does not work , just the shark eyes come on at night if you know what i mean
I know there is some kind of ballast on bmws but i do not know the location of the ballast

O.k.,the low beam is controlled by a ballast but the high beam is controlled by the light control module itself.The low beam ballast receives a signal from the light control module to turn on the ballast.

With both low and high beams out this indicates the fault isnt in the ballast but with the light control module itselt.The light control module fails internally and fails to send a signal to control these lights.It can still work to work the left side lights but can fail to work the right side lights.

You would need to have the fault codes checked with a compatible scan tool to see what codes are set in the light module as well as have it tested electronically to see if it needs replaced for sure.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Thank you Pete . I will let you know what happens . Andy

Your welcome Andy

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time,this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Phone call session started
peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician