BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

I have a 2007 bmw 328 xi, i am getting a code CDB4 what does…

Customer Question
I have a 2007...

I have a 2007 bmw 328 xi, i am getting a code CDB4 what does this mean

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

Yes and it comes back after it is cleared. the service engine soon light will randomly come on at some point while driving after code is cleared and then at times when you turn on the car after its been off for a while the service engine light will be off and will later while driving come back on, the code is- CDB4, message (transmission data, 0x3B1, reciever DDE, transmitter EGS,SGM,DKG

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 328d yourself? What have you tried so far?

My car is a 2007 bmw 328xi and i want to know what this code means

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That is all i know for now i need to know what that code means to know how to go further

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: BMW
9/24/2017
BMW Mechanic: Mike, Auto Mechanic replied 11 months ago
Mike, Auto Mechanic

Hello, my name is***** will be helping you out! I have over thirteen year of experience in the automotive world for numerous different makes & models. I enjoy doing what I do, it is my life.

I have document containing information about this code, would you like to view it?

please otherwise yes let me see it plus please explain to me so i understand and tell me what may be going on in a blunt descriptive way. i am not very educated on vehicles or these type of things but need to know what is wrong and what that code means and consists of and what further action needs to be taken because of this problem my car is having