BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

My check brake fluid light is on, but ther is no loss of…

Customer Question
My check brake fluid...

My check brake fluid light is on, but ther is no loss of fluid and no brake issues

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?

Level is good, not sure how old fluid is

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your BMW?

Customer:(###) ###-####

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your BMW?

1998

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am and have only checked fluid level

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: BMW
9/23/2017
BMW Mechanic: Steve, BMW Expert replied 8 months ago
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
hello
Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you
if the brake fluid light is on and the level is full, then the level sensor is faulty and needs to be replaced.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle...
Steve
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert