BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

I have a 2012 335d BMW and I went to crank up my car it

Customer Question
I have a 2012...

I have a 2012 335d BMW and I went to crank up my car it turned on for s second and the died . All electrical and key is stuck also.

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

2011. And no it's locked up. It has done it before but then after a day or so it will be like nothing ever happened

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 335d yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I have taken it to the dealer 3 times now. They changed the battery but that wasn't the issue. They said it may have something to do either the connection with the key hole maybe but they don't know for sure. Because when it happens whenever I get it to them they can't find anything.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's about it. Have been putting money in and they told me it would be 900 to change that part. But again no positive that's the problem.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: BMW
9/23/2017
BMW Mechanic: Steve, BMW Expert replied 10 months ago
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
What is the last 7 of the vin?