BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

The service engine light has been coming on once in awhile,

Customer Question
The service engine light...

The service engine light has been coming on once in awhile, but now more frequent. This morning when I got to work, my engine had a very high pitched kind of whistling sound. It is a 2010 BMW 3X

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?

Yes..let me get it...the code is P13B4

Mechanic's Assistant: Great. If you share the code with me, I'll pass it along to the Mechanic. He'll be able to diagnose your issue much faster with a code. What is the model of your '10 BMW?

3X

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, just had the diagnostic read, but our mechanic could not read the code of a BMW

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, just if he has an idea of what it might be. We have a mechanic and he is a lot cheaper than a BMW dealer. But would like to know what kind of problem we are looking a.t

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: BMW
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/22/2017
BMW Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 8 months ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

That code is for a CAM sensor which means the sensor can be bad. It should be tested to confirm it with a scan tool or a lab scope.

Should be able to fix it for under $250.00.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly
appreciate a 5 star rating now before you leave the site and I
will still assist you after you have rated me too if another
question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

Did you have any more questions for me at this time in chat?

Thanks again, Ron

Thanks again and please remember to rate me 5 stars now
and keep this link in case you need me again later on.
I don’t get credit for assisting you until you rate me
My goal is to assist you in the repair of your vehicle by
supplying you with well educated information. I may not
always have the exact fix you wanted to hear, but my job is
to get you on the right track, which I always do. I can’t hear,
see, smell or touch your vehicle from where I’m at, so your
understanding of that is greatly appreciated. There are no
magical answers, but I do my best to guide you in the right
direction.

rpmdiag
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor