BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

My 2001 325i SES light is on and my engine shutters when I'm…

Customer Question
Hi my 2001 325i...

Hi my 2001 325i SES light is on and my engine shutters when I'm at a stop light idling. Poor gas efficiency & power lately . Poor response to gas pedal. I took in to my mechanic for diagnostics to find p1347, Singling out cylinder #3. We're going to start by replacing #3 plug & coil. He also suspects leak in intake vaccum which may need to be replaced. What do you think?

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Service Engine Soon

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 325i yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, nothing

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that's it

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: BMW
9/22/2017
BMW Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 8 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

If it runs worse at idle and not as bad when going down highway or under acceleration then I agree with mechanic it sounds like a vacuum leak. The common things to cause vacuum leaks on this engine is the Crankcase Ventilation Control Valve, Differential Air Intake (DISA) Valve, Intake air tube, and intake gaskets. Let me know if you have more questions or if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.

BMW Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 7 months ago

Ever get it figured out? Please do not forget to rate answer. Thanks.

Dan, Technician