BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

I have a 2009 bmw 650 convertible top works the trunk won't…

Customer Question
Hello I have a...

Hello I have a 2009 bmw 650 convertible top works the trunk won't open unless you use the key?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tried silicone spray or WD-40?

No we have not tried that. We haven't tried that because we can actuate the trunk relay and the trunk opens fine.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 650 yourself? What have you tried so far?

We have pretty much tried everything. The button on the left a pillar does not work. Key fob trunk button also does not work. The trunk lid button also doesn't work?

Submitted: 12 months ago.Category: BMW
9/22/2017
BMW Mechanic: Steve, BMW Expert replied 12 months ago
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Hello and welcome,

My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
do you have the last 7 digits of the vin handy?
how exactly are you actuating the trunk relay?