BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

2001 x5 4.4 rh/fr door wont lock/unlock with remote, will…

Customer Question
Hi, 2001 x5 4.4 rh/fr door wont...
2001 x5 4.4
rh/fr door wont lock/unlock with remote, will lock with key. other 3 doors will lock but not unlock. you can hear the actuators making the noise, but not actually unlocking.
Regards
Sandra
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: BMW
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/21/2017
BMW Mechanic: Steve, BMW Expert replied 10 months ago
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
hello, what has been checked so far?
nothing

does the console lock/unlock button work?

it wont unlock the doors

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you

I suspect you have a failed drivers door actuator, which may be impacting the others.

the first step will be to replace the drivers door actuator and then re assess the others.

if the others still don't work, it would likely be a general module failure, but most likely replacing the one actuator will resolve it.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle...

thx, we will try replacing the actuator

you are welcome. please do not forget to click on a positive rating

if you would like to follow up you are free to do so after leaving a positive rating for no additional charge, the question will not close. thank you in advance for ensuring a positive rating is selected

we changed the actuator, didnt fix the problem
the actuator change didnt fix it

Please do not forget to click a positive rating

then as I said previously the issue is likely with the general module. Please do not forget to click a positive rating