Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I have a 2003 BMW 530i and the central locking system is not

I have a 2003 BMW 530i and the central locking system is not working on it. The button on the console works and when you lock it manually with the key, you cannot open the fuel door. All fuses are ok and even the new key I ordered from the dealership, the dealership cannot get the new key to initialize either. What can the problem be? Is there anything that I can possibly check to help diagnose what the problem is? Thanks in advance.
What is the last 7 of the vin?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
CK43484
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Something popped up on my screen regarding switching to a live phone call but I can't right now as I am at work. Maybe it's just something that the site always does, I don't know.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Did you get the last 7 of my vin? Just making sure.

sorry for the delay, I do have the vin. Can you please clarify this: he button on the console works and when you lock it manually with the key, you cannot open the fuel door.

when the car is locked, the fuel door is not supposed to open - can you clarify what you meant here?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Correct. When I manually lock it with the key the fuel door will not open. So, apparently the fuel door actuator is working? I bought the car used and don't know a whole lot about them. I filled the car up with gas yesterday, but the gas cap doesn't click when you put in on and I've been smelling gas today. Don't know if the cap not clicking is that problem about smelling gas or not.

it sounds as though the only issue is that the remotes don't work. central locking sounds like it is working from the manual lock and from the console button. is that correct?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Well, I know it is from the manual lock, I guess. Can I open the drivers door from the outside and press the button on the console to lock the doors and then close the drivers door to check and see if the fuel door is still locked?
I am trying to understand what symptom it is that suggests this is an issue with central locking vs. just the remotes...
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I just checked and with the doors unlocked, when I open the drivers door and press the button on the console, it doesn't do anything.
the console button actually isn't working? It was stated originally that the console button worked...
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok, I just accepted the phone call offer. Now what do I do?
Please enter your phone number where it says to enter private contact info
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I thought you sent it. Anyways, I just sat down in the car with the drivers door closed & pressed the console button & locked all the doors. I then opened the drivers door and checked the fuel door and I can now open it.