BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

I have a. when I stop and hit the gas to accelerate, it

Customer Question
Hi, i have a(###)...

Hi, i have a(###) ###-####. when I stop and hit the gas to accelerate, it kinda bucks . like its skips afirst gear n go in 2nd

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

It does the same on gas as before. but I notice at times within the past 5 days I turned the key and it didn't start but then turn a second time and it did start

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your BMW?

2001 bmw 540i

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 540i yourself? What have you tried so far?

I took it to a friend/mechanic to check the tranny fuild

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

He said it might be the gear bands might be bad

Submitted: 12 months ago.Category: BMW
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/20/2017
BMW Mechanic: Steve, BMW Expert replied 12 months ago
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
hi how can I help you with this? what question did you have specifically about this behavior?