BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

I have a 2001, 530i, no havent done anything, when car warms…

I have a 2001 ...

I have a 2001

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '01 BMW?

530i

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 530i yourself? What have you tried so far?

No havent done anything

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

When car warms up after driving it 5 to 10 minutes transmission light comes on then car moves very slow

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the transmission fluid?

Don't know how

9/20/2017
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

Okay, this is called limp mode because there has been a fault code set in the computer system. You need to have the codes read with a code reader or preferably a scan tool. This will identify the cause of this. Limp mode prevents you from ruining anything while driving it. Most parts stores will check this for you for free.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly
appreciate a 5 star rating now before you leave the site and I
will still assist you after you have rated me too if another
question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

Did you have any more questions for me at this time?

Thanks again, Ron

rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor