Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

The temperature control dial/knob on the DRIVER's side of

The temperature control dial/knob on the DRIVER's side of the CLIMATE CONTROL MODULE in my 2006 330XI (E90) is mis-behaving. It will only allow temperature selections between 61 and 67 degrees. The PASSENGER's side knob allows gradations from 60-84 degrees.
JA: How many miles are on the car? Have you checked the coolant level?
Customer: Do I need a new (or used) Climate Control Module? Or is there some cleaning or adjustment that can be made to my existing Module to bring it back to the normal operation range?
JA: Are you fixing your 330xi yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 130,000 + miles...
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am not fixing myself... but would look in the aftermarket for a used module and ask my mechanic to install it.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Dear Expert... one more piece of info. When I press MAX on the drivers-side knob, the A/C light comes on (as expected), the heater fan level moves to MAX FLOW, and the TEMPERATURE READINGS on both the DRIVERS and PASSENGERS sides drop to 60 degrees (as expected).

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

There are 2 possible causes, a faulty control module or the driver side temperature door actuator. Your mechanic will either need to use a BMW scan tool to test them or to access the actuator and test at the connector for power when working the temperature control. If power is present, replace the actuator and if not, replace the control module

Most times it is the control module