BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

I have a2009 mini and it is losing oil.. getting a lot of…

Customer Question
I have a2009 mini...

I have a2009 mini and it is losing oil.. getting a lot of push from dealer similar to this customer 8 years ago. Is there anything new discovered about the Mini to cause them to lose oil and its not on the ground

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you ever replaced the gaskets? Maybe the hoses?

No actually I just purchased in June and I have taken back twice for a ticking and they have only changed the oil and replaced a pcv valve that they had previously replaced prior to me purchasing

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your MINI?

2009

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your MINI yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I purchased a 3 year warranty and I have been taking back to dealership.. that is all they have done is changed oil and replaced pcv valve

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No the check engine light is on and the fan runs along time when you shut off car

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: BMW
9/19/2017
BMW Mechanic: Steve, BMW Expert replied 9 months ago
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Do you mean that it is using oil vs losing?
Using it somewhere, its not on the ground its not burning off their is smoke from tail pipe when it is low

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you

the only reasons this engine will use oil are:

bad pvc

leaking valve seals

worn cylinder walls / piston rings.

I would suggest that most likely it is the pvc

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle...

Ok maybe you can't see my statement, they have replaced the PVC twice.. Now they changed the oul on September 1, it is the 19th and it is a quart low

Please do not forget to click a positive rating

I saw your statement, I was providing a full list of reasons this engine uses oil. If the PVC has been replaced twice, then it isn't the issue. There are other reasons in my list. Please do not forget to click a positive rating